- New Dualjet engine with 84g/km CO2 emissions is the cleanest and most fuel efficient new car on sale for less than £10,000.
- SZ3 Dualjet priced at £8,499 includes air conditioning, DAB digital radio, Bluetooth and alloy wheels as standard.
- Auto Gear Shift (AGS) now available on SZ4 model as an £800 option.
- “A+ compact” car that exceeds ‘A’ segment standards gives class leading interior space.
- Six airbags and ESP fitted as standard safety equipment for all UK models.
- Class leading luggage capacity of 254 litres.
The Celerio, Suzuki’s all-new global compact city car, went on sale in the UK in February and more than 2,000 have been delivered to date. Suzuki has now introduced two new derivatives to the range which are the Dualjet and Auto Gear Shift models.
The new ultra clean Dualjet engine emits 84g/km of CO2 and attains 78.4mpg on the EC Combined fuel cycle making it the most fuel efficient new car on sale for less than £10,000. Dualjet is a lot less in fact, as it is on sale for £8,499 which is just £500 more than the 99g/km SZ3 model.
The new engine incorporates twin fuel injectors for improved fuel economy; Dualjet technology positions the fuel injectors very close to the engine inlet valves and allows for a finer fuel mixture which in turn provides a more effective transfer into the engine. This engine also incorporates a stop start facility when stationary.
Also now on sale is Suzuki’s new development in automated manual gearbox technology. Known as Auto Gear Shift (AGS), this system features an Intelligent Shift Control Actuator positioned at the top of the transmission that operates the gearshift and clutch automatically.
With AGS, the driver can enjoy the effortless driving of an automatic, particularly in city traffic, but without any loss in fuel efficiency or increase in CO2 that would normally be the case with a conventional torque converter equipped automatic transmission. CO2 emissions are only 99g/km and Celerio with AGS is therefore VED exempt. A unique feature of the Suzuki AGS is a low speed ‘creep’ facility which allows the car to move in gear without the accelerator being applied, ideal in slow traffic and when parking.