Media personality Simba Mhere who passed away earlier this year in a tragic car accident was the first ever Media Personality of the Year Award recipient at the Zimbabwe Achievers Awards (ZAA) South Africa last year. To honor his work the ZAA SA have named a category after him called “The Simba Mhere Media Personality of the Award”.
The ZAA-SA CEO Mr Richard Moyo said, “it is an honor to have known Simba, he received unanimous votes from the public and it is only befitting that we salute him by naming this award after him. Because of the impact he had on many lives from a young age, we are also proud to announce that we will be introducing the Young Achievers Award into the categories.”
The nominations for the 2015 edition are now open and the organization is encouraging every Zimbabwean to participate and get involved in making a difference. You can nominate on their website; SMS lines, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus.
The ZAA SA has the following categories:
1. Business of the year
2. Female Entrepreneur of the year
3. Male Entrepreneur of the year
4. Professional of the year
5. Community Organization of the year award
6. Community Champion of the year award
The Arts, Culture and Sports:
7. Music Artist/ Group of the year award
8. Sports Personality of the year award
9. Simba Mhere Media Personality of the year award
10. Entertainment Personality of the year award
11. Lifetime Outstanding Contribution award
12. Young Achievers award
13. Academic Excellence of the year award
14. People’s Choice award
15. Friends of Zimbabwe award
The nominees will be announced in August. Moyo said they were looking forward to putting out another world class event to honor and celebrate our fellow countrymen who have excelled in their varied trades, while paying homage to the land that allows them to do so.