Opportunity For Zimbabwean Youths:Survey Assistant(s)
The survey assistants will be responsible for mapping of communities, identification and recruitment of initial survey participants (seeds) as well as collection of sensitive and crucial data from the participants. Specific duties include:
- Working with the sex worker peer educators to identify and recruit sex workers seeds for inclusion in the survey according to GCP and Ethics guidelines.
- Working with sex worker peer educators to identify all the various communities working in a given geographic location
- Administer questionnaires using tablets (training will be provided).
- Maintain high quality standards of the data being collected.
- Screening and checking in of participants into the survey using the Respondent Driven Sampling method
- Conduct the informed consent process to all eligible participants
- Any other duties as required by the Project Coordinator
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in social sciences
- Counseling diploma and experience in HIV/AIDS counseling an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience and interest in community outreach work, ability to do community mobilization, create rapport with personnel from collaborating or associate institutions and work independently but within a team framework.
- Current and valid certificate in GCP and Ethics an advantage. A current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics.
- Experience working on a similar survey or with vulnerable populations (sex workers) is an added advantage
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Fluency in English, Shona (and Ndebele for Hwange and Gwanda)
- Any other duties as required by the Project Director
Applicants wishing to be considered for these positions should submit full curriculum vitae with a cover letter stating clearly which position you’d like to be considered for, copies of certificates and the names/contact information for three referees
The Project Director (Key Populations)
9 Monmouth Road
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Application deadline : 03 March 2016