Opportunity For Zimbabwean Youth:Assistant Database Officer- IGATE
Africa – Zimbabwe
Application Deadline Date:
Fixed term, Full-time
No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Less Than 1 Year
Title:Assistant Database Officer
Reports to:Database Officer
Purpose of the Position: Assisting in Database Administration and Management
- Database installation, configuration
- Backing up/recovery of Database
- Database troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Consolidating all district databases
- Analysing and comparing data trends in the databases
- Performing database and application monitoring to optimise database performance
- Programming the database so as to match with the situation on the ground as and when need arises.
- Designing and reviewing new database programs, functions, procedures, data structures and packages.
- Assisting database sizing and capacity planning.
- Formulating and monitoring policies and procedures and standards relating to database management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- National Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Studies
- 2 years experience in the database administration
- Experience in Visual basic Programming.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Macromedia Dream weaver,My SQL
- Good communication skills
- Ability to achieve results and outcomes using ethical, best practice methods