Sir Calaz is an award winning Dancehall artist who belongs to a group of young musicians that capitalized in the sudden boom of the Zim dance-hall genre. He has been making waves in the music industry, check out some facts you might not know about him.
1. Seh Calaz was born on 2 August 1990 in Mbare.
2. His birth name is Tawanda Mumayi.
3. Seh Calaz did his Primary education at St Peters Primary school before enrolling at Mutendi High School .
4. He discovered his interest in music at Mutendi High School .
5. Seh Calaz’s was once a Christ Embassy Choir member before he engaged to Zim dancehall .
6. The artist rose to stardom with the songs ‘Mabhanditi’, ‘Mumota Menyu Murikubvira’ and ‘Kwatinobva Kwakasiyana-Siyana’.
7. Jamaican artist made a remix song of Mumota Menyu Murikubvira’ with Seh Calaz in 2013 when he visited Zim.
8. The dancehall artist is known for his signature ‘Check Check Check ‘ which he features in most of his songs.
9. Calaz started his own clothing label called Mabhanditi, referring to as his own clan, he wear his own clothing label every time he performs.
10. The star says he enjoys dissing other people, how weird.