Bessel Mugo Parewa AKA Hwindi President is generally regarded as one of the greatest voices of the Zim dance-hall era. He is also an award winning artist based in Harare, he won the most Promising Artist at Zimdancehall Awards 2016 and nominated for the Best Live Performer award at the Zimdancehall 2016 Awards. Here’s Top 5 Things You Might Not Know About Hwindi President below…
1. He rose to fame in 2015 with song Tambirai Monarch.
2. Hwindi is popularly known for his signature chant Zvatanga, Bvunza maHwindi paMshika shika
3. His songs are mostly about the tough work of a Hwindi, a Kombi conductor. Such songs as Changa Chakabhiridha, Tambira Monarch, Handina Kwandinoriisa and Bhazi ne Tuckshop.
4. Hwindi President himself is an actual Hwindi and between music shows, studio and other things he still works as a Hwindi.
5. In 2016, Bustop TV made a film about Hwindi President’s work revealing this reality about his life.