Applications for the University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship will open on 24 April 2017 and close on 15 May 2017 (17:00 GMT).
Please read all the requirements carefully:
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on our website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
For further information please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Minimum entry requirements
You must already meet the minimum academic and English Language entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
Who can apply?
- Students from the list of eligible countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. Following a review of the scholarship scheme, from 6 May 2016 Pakistani students not studying a Master’s course in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) can now apply under the main Global Development Scholarship.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (below).
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
Payment amount & frequency
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries listed above.
How to apply
Applications will open on 24 April 2017 and close on 15 May 2017.
The application forms will be available below from 24 April 2017.
Please be aware that you will need to submit a personal statement as part of your application outlining how the situation in your country has affected you and/or your family, the reasons why you want to come to Bradford and study your chosen programme and how you will use this qualification when you return to your country
What happens next?
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit a programme application to the University and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note – only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
Closing date: 15 May 2017.
Find out more
Successful students must agree to be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
For further information or any queries you can:
Or call into The Hub Student Support Centre in the Richmond Building.