The Africa Food Prize 2017 for Innovation in Agriculture celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda. The award recognizes an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa.
With the prize of US$ 100,000, The Africa Food Prize puts a spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent. This is to ensure food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
The Africa Food Prize will honour outstanding contributions within very aspect of agriculture and food production that is clearly related to combating hunger and reducing poverty in Africa.
Decisions will be made by the Prize Committee’s research into and deliberations of the nominees work and an evaluation of their achievements.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the prize:
• Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
• Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms
• Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
• Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
• Proven leadership potential o the individual or organization, specifically the ability to persevere despite significant challenges or risks
Nominations for the Africa Food Prize 2017 open on March 6th and closes on Monday, June 5th 2017.
The winner of the Africa Food Prize 2017 will be awarded at the Africa Food Prize gala dinner on September 6th 2017 during AGRF in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
Application deadline: 5 June 2017
For more information visit the Africa Food Prize webpage