The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Global Logistics Cluster (GLC) of the Supply Chain Division . The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from April 2017 .
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Global Logistics Cluster (GLC) with the following key duties:
- Assist in the collection and analysis and dissemination of logistics information received from field operations, in close coordination with Information Management personnel in the GLC;
- Assist with the preparation of documents and IM products and provide research and editing;
- Assist in maintaining internal and external information sharing mechanisms and systems; documentation formats, assessment formats, central file store, operations archive, reporting systems;
- Assist in publication of information and documents on the Logistics Cluster Website and social media.
- Ensure that accurate, consistent information concerning all Global Logistics Cluster operations is entered into current standardized templates and posted on the Logistics Cluster website;
- Assist with presentation material and briefing packs preparation;
- Assist with GLCSC events and conferences planning and preparation including admin/logistics support;
- Take and keep notes and meeting minutes as needed;
- Support the team on other communications initiatives (including social media);
- Field support:
Assist with the preparation of Concept of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Special Operations Narrative & Budgets, and CERF/Flash Appeal inputs, ensuring they are regularly revised/updated as required.
Edit documents and provide constructive feed-back to Logistics Cluster field personnel who produce Logistics Cluster products/reports.
WFP pays a small monthly allowance of maximum $700 (depending on the internship location). The current amount for Rome, is around $600. WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related to all of the above.
Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed three years of studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months Economics, Social Sciences, Communications, Journalism or other fields related to Information Management;
Proficient in MS Office package, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability in data acquisition and knowledge of Access or other database tools is an advantage. Experience with HTML is also a plus;
Fluent in English, Intermediate in French;
Previous internships in development or communications-related fields are desirable;
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; good research and analytical skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team; good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills. Experience in using Social Media in a professional context.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: March 7, 2017 (1 Day Remaining)