Eating out can’t always be avoided. There are days that you might have a business lunch meeting or you need something to eat whilst out. The challenge is you are watching your weight or you are trying to lose weight. The answer is simple, all you need to do is apply the same discipline that you have at home. Below are 10 simple rules to remember when eating out.
1. If it’s a restaurant or food outlet that you know then you know their menu. You am then plan your meal ahead and saves you from making poor choices.
2. Drink at least one glass of water before going out. This will help fill you up meaning you eat less.
3. If you aren’t that hungry have half a portion.
4. If you are with other people order first so that your meal decision is not influenced by others.
5. Order vegetarian or if it’s a buffet pick vegetables.
6. Make your starter your main meal.
7. Have the biggest meal at lunch time.
8. Choose tomato sauce or mustard on your food rather than mayonaisse or creams.
9. Have fruits for desert.
10. Go for a walk after eating to burn some calories.