JCI/ SDG Action Campaign Global Youth Empowerment Fund 2017 for young people around the world.
The Global Youth Empowerment Fund is an initiative to empower young people around the world to impact their communities by investing in grassroots, community projects. A partnership of JCI and the SDG Action Campaign (formerly the UN Millennium Campaign), the Fund will offer grants, financing and training to youth-led projects and social enterprises that advance the Global Goals for Sustainable Development in local communities around the world.
All Projects must be run by one of the following:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit private bodies whose activities contribute to the promotion of sustainable development and youth leadership;
- Examples include: JCI Local Organization, SDG Action Campaign partners, youth-run registered non-profit
- Public bodies with specific responsibility for the promotion of youth engagement in advancing the Global Goals for Sustainable Development;
- Be created and led by youth between the ages of 18 to 40.
- Demonstrate community impact and project planning criteria in line with the JCI Active Citizen Framework.
- The JCI Active Citizen Framework is a planning mechanism for community-based organizations to identify their community’s greatest needs and align their projects to the global development agenda creating global impact.
- Adhere to the goals of JCI and SDG Action Campaign in developing grassroots projects that advance at least one of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development through the JCI Active Citizen Framework.
- Include like-minded community partners who agree to support the applicant’s project. Types of partnership can include financial support, in-kind support or marketing and communications support.
- Include plans for organization’s own support of the project, including both financial (e.g. fundraising or sponsorship acquisition) and non-financial (e.g. volunteer hours or in-kind sponsorship) support. The applicant organization is expected to supply at least 50% of the value of the requested funding in their own support.
- Have mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation and follow-up after funding has been dispersed. All funded projects must submit the required project updates and final reports.
Application Deadline: 17 April 2017
For more information visit the official web page here.