Over the past decade social media has become the fastest growing form of communication. A lot of businesses have moved with the times and often seek to engage customers through the various platforms. This has opened a new job market for social media savvy individuals to manage and create social media strategies for corporations. Social media management is fast becoming a very viable market. If you are looking for job opportunities you may want to try becoming a social media manager.
A social media manager is responsible for implementing marketing strategies for the company’s social media sites. This includes blogging, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers.
- Managing posts on social media sites daily
- Interacting with followers on social media sites
- Creating a marketing strategy that generates inbound leads, gains followers and creates a positive image for the company
- Evaluating the success of social media marketing strategies
- SEO knowledge
- Social media expertise
- Understands and has good customer service skills
- Knowledge of social media tools such as Hootesuite, TweetDeck etc
- Copywriting skills
- Visual intelligence
- Knowledge on designing and streaming tools including Periscope, Photoshop, Meerkat
- Degree or diploma in communications
- Diploma in marketing