School can at times become so boring it’s unbearable. It could be the long lectures or the fact that you aren’t understanding the subject. Either way, class is meant to be a place of learning and productivity. Learning what you don’t know must always excite you. You can try these 5 ways of stopping boredom in the classroom.
1. Plan for something exciting like a weekend outing or a movie night with your friends. Anything that diverts your attention from boredom will be good.
2. Try out solving crossword puzzles or playing sudoku. These are constructive distractions which will keep your mind preoccupied.
3. You can write homework for other subjects whilst in the long lesson. Just make sure that you have your current class’ notebook open.
4. If you are not good at sitting and keeping quiet then join a group discussion. Group discussions keep you active as you discuss and debate on your subject’s topics.
5. If you have an imagination make your notes fun. You can draw pictures related to the topic to help you understand better. You can also write a poem or rap verse about how boring your class is. This is bound to keep you occupied instead of giving you the snooze.
If all fails then maybe you should have a one on one with your teacher. You might be bored because you don’t understand or you already know. Whatever the reason is, you want to make the most out of your school experience.