The TRT World Fellowship will appeal 15 talents including junior journalists and recent graduates who are interested in the opportunity of producing balanced news with a humanitarian focus.
You will join a diverse group of individuals from around the world including journalists, editors, broadcasters, researchers and freelancers.
The direct focus of this Fellowship Program is to reach people who want to get familiar with the perspective of TRT World, keep up with the changes in the media industry and improve their understanding of Turkish culture.
TRT World Fellows will spend three months (5th June – 1st September 2017) with the TRT World Team, in one of Turkey’s newest channels, which brings a distinctive voice to the global news landscape. There will be one period of intensive language courses during the Fellowship period.
The main objective of this program is to foster next generation talents who are passionate about journalism. In this process they will be able to exchange ideas and experiences with a diverse and international peer group.
The TRT World Fellowship is an intensive program in Istanbul designed to develop, integrate and apply the skill sets of young talents from around the world in support of our newsroom.
- Develop a global set of contacts
- Expand your journalism skills
- Learn about Turkish culture and history
- Be ambitious about journalism
- Be native in the English language
- Be in the early stages of their career
- Commitment to engagement in the related departments;
- Special capacity for critical, creative and strategic thinking;
- Submission of an essay about the motivation for joining the Fellowship Program;
- Submission of a self-produced creative content;
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history;
- Commitment to full-time residence in Istanbul for the entire duration of the program
- Travel Scholarship
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in Istanbul
- Participants will benefit from TRT World accommodations, services and counseling. TRT World’s associate producers will host Fellows.
Important to note;
Write an essay (min. 300 Words) about your motivation to join the TRT World Fellowship ProgramFurthermore, please also provide us a link to self-produced creative content (e.g. Video, Design, Publications, Social Media Activity, Research Paper) in the attached document
Application Deadline is May 20 2017.For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the TRT World Fellowship 2017