ACT in Africa is a holistic entrepreneurship development program that encompasses entrepreneurial training, mentorship, acceleration, and access to seed capital.
The ACT Entrepreneurship Program was launched in 2014. The curriculum was developed over a 2-year period in collaboration with MBA students from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Zimbabwe, and Africa University. It integrates global best practices in entrepreneurship training and local experience to provide a unique Entrepreneurship Program relevant to aspiring entrepreneurs in Zimbabwe.
Have you ever wondered how to be an entrepreneur? Do you think you have what it takes? The ACT Entrepreneurship Training Program will answer these questions.
- This rigorous 3-week program will take you through the process of business creation from conception to implementation.
- Zimbabweans between 18 and 35 years
The backbone of ACT’s Training program is centred around Design Thinking, a developmental approach pioneered by the Stanford Design School and IDEO, a globally-renowned design and innovation consulting firm. The Design Thinking method has successfully been applied by companies such as Google, eBay, Ikea, General Electric, and the BiIl and Melinda Gates Foundation.
If you are successful in your application to join the training program and have paid the USD 5.00 fee, you will be invited to join the ACT 2017 cohort.
- Classes will run in Harare for 3 weeks in July 2017, including Saturdays
- On your first day of the training program, you will be provided with your schedule, study materials, and a notebook.
- During the first week, you will learn what design thinking is, and how to apply the method to real life situations.
- During the second week, you and your teammates will develop a business idea using the design thinking process.
- You will continue developing that idea for the remainder of the course. During the final week, we will give you all the tools you need to develop a business plan and create a rigorous pitch. The topics covered during this part of the program include communication, basic financial modeling, marketing, and strategy.
- On the last day of the training program, you and your team will present the idea you have developed during the program to local investors and business professionals.
Program dates: 03 -23 July 2017
Deadline: 04 June 2017
Apply for the ACT Entrepreneurship Program here.