Applications are now open for Master’s Scholarship Tenable at various Universities in the People’s Republic of China. The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of ensuring the coordination of AU programmes in Education and Human Resource Development; Science, Technology and Innovation; and Youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
- The Scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- The Language of Instruction shall be in English.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for Masters’ programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undegraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection.
Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
For more information on how to apply for Chinese Government/AUC Scholarship click here.