The UNESCO Merck Africa Research Summit – MARS 2017 will be held in Mauritius with the aim to empower Women and Youth in Research under the patronage of the Head of State of The Republic of Mauritius, H.E. Ameenah Gurib Fakim.As part of ‘Merck STEM Program for Women and Youth’
UNESCO-Merck Africa Research Summit – MARS aims to bring together researchers from across Africa to discuss the generation, sharing and dissemination of research data and to prepare for the road ahead in Africa’s development as an international hub for research excellence and scientific innovation.
Abstract Submission Details
- Abstracts are invited from final year African PhD students and young investigators involved in research related to both Cancer especially in Women and/ or Vaccines Development.
- All should be primarily based at African research institutes and Universities, although collaboration within Africa as well as outside is encouraged.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
MARS 2017 Awards:
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed and 100 winners will be eligible for sponsorship.
- First three winners will be eligible for further number of Research Awards.
- Further Research Awards will be dedicated for the Best Five African Women Researchers.
Application Deadline: 30th of August 2017.
To apply for the UNESCO Merck Africa Research Summit 2017 follow the link here.