Law is one of the most sought after degrees by a number of undergraduate students. The legal market offers a range of sectors and opportunities to work in. The legal profession is constantly changing, and job seekers need advice on how to make it in the legal world. You might be a law student, or a new attorney you can consider working as a legal assistant for a while. You will have an opportunitg to earn money whilst sharpening your skills as a legal practitioner. Below are 10 tips to launching a career in the law:
1. Work hard while in university and compile records of your academic excellence.
2. Choose a major that challenges you academically and required you to work hard.
3. Take a couple of law courses if they are offered at your school to get a feel of what you can expect when studying.
4. Look for opportunities that can allow you to participate in court.
5. Consider participating in student government which will help you understand legislation.
6. Volunteer with community-based organizations which showcase your involvement in public.
7. Showcase your writing skills whether on a blog or working for the editorial on campus. Your articles must be of a legal quality with facts and arguments well constructed.
8. Conduct interviews with legal practitioners to help you gain in depth information.
9. Take time to flow lawyers to the courtroom and watch proceedings. Find out how they conduct their cases.
10. Intern at a local law firm,legal aid society, or public defender or to gain legal experience.