As part of the inclusion and mainstreaming of youth, the AUC will engage 10 young media professionals across the regions of Africa to consult with a demographic dividend expert on Africa’s demographic dividend agenda, and contribute to the narrative on the framing of the DD. The activity will entail the creation of a comprehensive media campaign strategy for the popularization of the demographic dividend among youth to facilitate ownership.
The proposed campaign will contribute to the discourse around the standardization and framing of the Demographic Dividend agenda to reflect the African reality. Framing the Demographic Dividend according to the realities of Africans will happen on the continental, regional and national levels, and will entail engagements with various stakeholders in Africa including Heads of States, Parliamentarians, Ministers, Private sector stakeholders, and the African Youth.
As a starting point, the AUC therefore proposes a comprehensive media campaign focusing on engagement with the African Youth, which will be owned and run by young Africans.
Young Africans who are creative, analytical, Pan-Africanist, vibrant, and with a finger on the pulse of current trends. Successful applicants will meet, or possibly, exceed the following criteria:
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 35 years old and African citizen of either gender (female applicants are highly encouraged).
• Should have excellent command (written and oral) of any of the AU’s 4 working languages; English, French, Arabic and Portuguese. The ability to work in 2 or more languages is an added advantage.
• Must have a valid passport.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership in Communications, Marketing, Branding or Public Relations
• Must be active and effective on any social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
Application Deadline: 27th of June, 2017
For more information click here.