The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1. Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language(which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2. Follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Applicants must be:
- Foreign nationals from developing third countries in need (Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship);
- Be above 18 years of age;
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training);
- Graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses;
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the CR.
- The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently, the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at approximately EUR 500 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at EUR 570 per month (approximately);
- Scholarship amount includes: costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship;
- The healthcare exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover it at his/her own cost;
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the CR or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
Application Deadline: September 30th 2017
For more information click here.