On behalf of the University, the Cambridge Trust is offering Cambridge International Scholarships to pursue PhD studies for 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of the Cambridge International Scholarships is to ensure that the 250 highest ranked students, irrespective of nationality, receive full financial support to undertake research leading to a PhD. International students are eligible for these scholarships.
These are guidelines on eligibility for scholarships that are available from the Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust:
- All students, irrespective of nationality, are eligible to be considered for funding by the Trust.
- The Trust does not accept applications from students who are part-way through a course at Cambridge, unless they are applying for funding towards a higher degree course following graduation.
- To find out more about your fee status, see information on the University’s web pages for undergraduates and for postgraduates.
Applicants must be intending to start a course at the level of undergraduate (excluding UK/EU applicants), Masters (such as MPhil, MASt, LLM), or research postgraduate (such as PhD).
Please note that the Trust does not offer many scholarships to students on undergraduate courses, and has many more scholarship programmes available to postgraduate students. Approximately 85% of the scholarships awarded each year are to students taking Masters or PhD degrees.
The Trust will not normally support students at a degree.
- All scholarships require that you apply to the University of Cambridge via the normal online application form, and most scholarships require that you apply by the relevant deadline.
- There are different procedures for applying for undergraduate study (BA and similar) and for postgraduate study (Masters, PhD and similar).
- Undergraduate study
The application deadline for the 2018 entry is 15 October 2017, 6.00 pm (UK time).
However, there are some exceptions. If you are applying for undergraduate study and wish to be interviewed in China, Malaysia or Singapore, the deadline is 20 September 2017.
If you are applying for graduate study, please check and apply by the specific course deadline. Some deadlines are as early as mid-November (LLM Law) and there will be two general course deadlines of 6 December 2017 and 4 January 2018.
Undergraduate: 15 October 2017, 6.00 pm (UK time).
Graduate Study: 6 December 2017 and 4 January 2018.
For more information click here.