Are you interested in researching the legal and governance challenges posed by climate change? Do you have ideas for how legal instruments and institutional reforms can contribute to addressing climate change challenges?
Then enter the 2017 Global Climate Law and Governance Essay Competition!
In line with the themes of CLGD 2017, submissions addressing one of the following guiding questions will be considered:
1. How can legal tools and multi-level instruments be leveraged to implement the Paris Agreement and NDCs?
2. What are the challenges and opportunities in operationalizing the Paris Agreement?
3. What is the role of law and governance in advancing climate resilience and climate justice?
4. What will legal frameworks enable climate finance, engage the private sector, and promote climate-friendly by gojhkbnfammhkgnfmgmfipoanjnbhmih” href=”#24605656″> TRADE?
- Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony alongside COP23 in Bonn, Germany.
- The best entries will receive a cash prize between $500 – $200 CAD
- Be published by CISDL and be invited to submit their essays to MJSDL for possible publication
- Have the opportunity to participate in the climate moot held during CLGD 2017 if they so desire.
The competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
Students from least developed countries are especially encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE: October 15 2017
To apply and for more information visit here