Korean Government Scholarship Program are open to international students for pursuing undergraduate programme at higher educational institutions in Korea. The scholarship will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) Program is a scholarship program that paid by the Government of the Republic of Korea for foreign nationals in the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Education organized, responsible for the project implementation agency directly under the Ministry of Education National Institute for International Education.
- To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
- Available Options in Universities
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
- Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candidates to be Selected
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training
Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
For more information visit here.