Applications are now open for the Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa: Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship.
The Social Science Research Council offers fellowships to support the completion of doctoral degrees and to promote next generation social science research in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda. The fellowships support dissertation research on peace, security, and development topics.
The doctoral dissertation completion fellowship:
- Supports a one-year leave from teaching responsibilities
- Provides a stipend up to US$15,000 to permit the completion of a dissertation that advances research on peace, security, and development topics.
All applicants must:
- Be citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country
- Hold a master’s degree
- Be enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- Be in the final year of writing and have completed at least one dissertation chapter
DEADLINE: November 17 2017
To apply and for more information visit here