The average Zimbabwean who owns a vehicle spends a lot of money on fuel. In the current economic climate one or two things can happen; no fuel or no money for the fuel. It’s important to cut back on fuel spending and save some money. This money can be channeled to other avenues. Below are 5 ways of reducing your fuel consumption rate.
1. 140 million litres were lost of fuel were lost last year due to evaporation. It’s important to keep your fuel tank cap tight.
2. Drive the speed limit. The faster you go, the higher your fuel consumption and the more money you will lose.
3. Coast as much as possible. Rapid acceleration and braking will result in above average fuel consumption. Coasting on the other hand will save you fuel.
4. Keep windows closed. Closing windows makes your vihicle more aerodynamic because by keeping them open, you would have increased the drag force of air acting on your vihicle thus increasing the fuel consumption rate.
5. Replace any dirty air filters. Dirty air filters will result in your vihicle working harder than usual resulting in poor fuel economy.
What are some other tips you know on how you can reduce fuel consumption? Kindly share them with us below.