African Food and Peace Foundation is looking for an intern to assist our development department. This includes donor database management, event planning, creating fundraising materials, social media planning, and grant research.
Projects may include:
- Writing content and designing quarterly newsletters
- Writing press releases
- Data entry and database management
- Researching grant opportunities and grant writing
AFPF Interns may learn:
- The daily operations and structure of the nonprofit sector
- How to plan and implement a social media campaign
- The ins and outs of philanthropy and fundraising
- How organizations evaluate program impact
- The grant writing process, from researching to submitting
- The impact of grassroots development projects in rural Uganda
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Interest in fundraising and donor cultivation
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization
- Ability to solve problems resourcefully, work independently, motivate one’s self and switch tasks efficiently
- Friendly and energetic
Minimum 15 hour/week commitment
Must be able to work in person at our Boston office at least 2 days per week either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
The internship will be unpaid in compliance with Department of Labor guidelines. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out “work-study” grants with your college, if that is an option. We are somewhat flexible and are willing to tailor the internship to your interests if it is mutually beneficial.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and simple cover letter expressing your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please note that we are not able to support international visas requiring sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
African Food and Peace Foundation
Deadline: 31 December 2017