With generous support from the A G Leventis Foundation, the Centre of African Studies is able to appoint one six month visiting research fellowship, open to suitably qualified applicants from disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
The aim of the fellowships is to enable the visiting academic to spend six months calendar months between October and March focusing on their research and writing, whilst based at the Centre of African Studies in Cambridge.
- The award is worth up to £17,000, out of which travel, college accommodation, maintenance costs and medical insurance will be paid by the Centre on behalf of the fellow. The Centre is not able to provide additional sums for the travel and living expenses of anyone accompanying the Fellow to Cambridge. The sum is not subject to tax in the UK.
- Open to candidates in all the disciplines in the humanities and social sciences;
- Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree before the Fellowship start date. Preference will be given to candidates with a distinguished research profile commensurate with their academic rank;
- Early- to mid-career researchers are particularly encouraged to apply;
- Offers are normally made to applicants who are permanent residents in Africa. It is expected that applicants would be intending to come to Cambridge to work on a project building on existing research for which a period of residence in Cambridge is demonstrably appropriate;
- They should present a clear and feasible plan for preparing one or more pieces of work for publication. The initiation of a new research project will not be ruled out where there is a realistic expectation that it could be substantially advanced by the end of the tenure of the Fellowship.
Deadline: 15th January 2018
Completed applications must be sent either by e-mail or in hard copy.
For more information click here.