Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships are for highly skilled researchers from other Commonwealth countries to spend one or two years at an eligible UK university or higher education institution conducting postdoctoral research.
These fellowships are funded by the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) through the Rutherford Fund, with the aim of attracting global talent and supporting the UK’s research base.
Each Fellowship Provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed will not usually be reimbursed)
- Research support grant of £2,500 per annum
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,627 per month, or £2,019 per month for those at universities in the London Metropolitan Area.
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the UK, and not based in the UK at the time of application
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK before 31 March 2018
- Have been awarded your PhD no more than ten years prior to 1 November 2017
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship awarded by the CSC
DEADLINE: December 11 2017
To apply and for more information visit here