Last month Hivos organized the third edition of its Coworking Summit, an annual gathering of founders and managers of creative hubs, coworking, hacker, maker, and art spaces. This year marked a special edition, as Hivos decided to join forces with Afrilabs, bringing together more than 40 hubs from all over Africa.
The event provided a platform for participants to network, share stories and experiences, learn from their peers, get inspired and boost new collaborations.
Hivos will provide the following two type of grants:
- Knowledge exchange grants: This type of grant will be awarded to candidates who want to benefit from each other’s expertise and/or experience; Grants within this category have a value of 1.000 – 5.000 EUR.
- Collaborative projects grants: This type of grant will be awarded to candidates who want to undertake a joint project; Grants within this category have a value of 10.000 – 20.000 EUR.
- Applying spaces should be based in one or more of the following countries*: Algeria, Egypt, Kenya, Libya, Malawi, Morocco, Tanzania, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Uganda.
- Knowledge exchange grants.Spaces applying for this type of grant can either submit a single application (space A visits space B) or a group application (space A visits space B and space B visits space A). In the case of a single application, a letter of agreement of the host space is required. Spaces should also include a fee in their budget proposal for the services/time expected from the host organization.
- Collaborative project grants.Spaces applying for this type of grant are expected to initiate collaboration and form a partnership prior to applying for the grant. Spaces should jointly prepare a proposal and budget, which must be agreed upon and signed by all spaces involved. Spaces then appoint one lead space that will submit the grant application on behalf of the group to Hivos. The lead member will receive the grant amount and is responsible for its distribution to other consortium members according to the agreed budget that is submitted.
DEADLINE: December 10 2017
To apply and for more information visit here