The Centre of African Studies, with the generous assistance of the A.G. Leventis Foundation, is pleased to announce a Visiting Research Fellowship to be held at the University of Cambridge.
Applications are invited for Visiting Research Fellowships to take effect from October 2018. The maximum duration of a Fellowship is six months and is non-renewable.
Fellows will have access, by agreement, to the holdings of Faculty and Departmental libraries, to the library of the Centre of African Studies and to the University Library, which houses the extensive collection of materials relating to the history of the Commonwealth formerly housed in the Royal Commonwealth Society Library in London.
- The award is worth up to £17,000, out of which travel, college accommodation, maintenance costs and medical insurance will be paid by the Centre on behalf of the fellow.
- The Centre is not able to provide additional sums for the travel and living expenses of anyone accompanying the Fellow to Cambridge.
- The sum is not subject to tax in the UK.
- The aim of the Fellowships is to enable the fellows to focus on a period of research and writing in Cambridge.
- Applications are invited from candidates in all the disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree before the Fellowship start date.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a distinguished research profile commensurate with their academic rank.
- Early- to mid-career researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Offers are normally made to applicants who are permanent residents in Africa.
- It is expected that applicants would be intending to come to Cambridge to work on a project building on existing research for which a period of residence in Cambridge is demonstrably appropriate.
- They should present a clear and feasible plan for preparing one or more pieces of work for publication. The initiation of a new research project will not be ruled out where there is a realistic expectation that it could be substantially advanced by the end of the tenure of the Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2018
For more information about how to apply click here.