The Commonwealth is extending an invitation to young people with experience in youth advocacy or development to attend an important youth conference. The Commonwealth Youth Forum promotes cross-cultural connections and consensus among youth leaders on the challenges and opportunities facing young people.
This programme is hosted by the UK Government, the Forum is part of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), which will see leaders from all 52 member states convene in London to discuss issues related to peace, prosperity, inclusion, and security.
The theme for next year’s Youth Forum is “Powering our Common Future”, which ties in with CHOGM’s main theme “Towards a Common Future”.
- The young people who are selected will build skills and networks, discuss issues, and then make recommendations to decision-makers at the highest levels of government.
- The outcome document from the Forum will feature policy proposals that can be adopted by the Commonwealth Youth Council and thematic youth-led networks, National Youth Councils, Commonwealth countries themselves, or by the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Young people who are passionate about youth work and would like to take part should register their interest by 2 January 2018.
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 29 and will be responsible for paying for their own flights to the UK, accommodation, meals, and travel while in London
- Be a recognized member of a national youth-led body, or represent a youth organization or special interest group (such as indigenous young people, young people with disabilities, rural youth, young people from diaspora communities, etc.)
- Demonstrate an interest in global and Commonwealth issues and working with other young people towards the success of local, regional youth organizations, as well as the Commonwealth Youth Council and its continuation.
- Be committed to working in their respective countries with youth leaders, young people, youth organizations and special interest group as part of the preparatory work prior to attending and after the forum. This includes disseminating learnings and engaging with the Commonwealth Youth Council and other stakeholders to assist implement outcomes from the forum.
- Be dedicated to strengthening dialogue between young people of the Commonwealth.
DEADLINE: January 2, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here