Most companies slow down or shut down for the holidays. For the unemployed it means that one has to put job hunting on hold. Maybe It’s someone who is thinking of a career change. Looking for work in December tends to seem futile. However researchers have found that it’s better to look for employment during the holiday break. Below are 5 reasons to look for a job during the holidays.
1. Some companies actually try to fill in positions before the 1st of January.
2. You will have less competition during this time.
3. You can take advantage of holiday gatherings to network for jobs.
4. Even if you don’t get hired you have time to polish up on your resumem
5. If you do get a job you are guaranteed your spot after the New Year.