It could be allergies or infections but having sinusitis can really be uncomfortable. Sinusitis is an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses. Sinusitis causes pain, congestion, and even coughing. Sinusitis can last up to four weeks, usually after a cold, or it can be chronic, lasting for months or even years. The usual treatment are antibiotics and antihistamines. However there are natural ways to treat sinusitis. Try these 7 natural remedies to relieve sinusitis.
1. Drinking hot liquids such as herbal teas such as chamomile, thyme or ginger tea.
2. Flush your nasal passages with a saline wash using a neti pot to help clear your sinuses.
3. Inhale steam to moisturize the throat and the upper respiratory tract.
4. Clean the house to allergy proof it to rid yourself of allergens such as dust mites.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar helps reduce pain and cure throat infection by either drinking or gargling it.
6. Add spices to your food to help open your nasal passages.
7. Drink more fluids especially water to keep yourself fully hydrated.