Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new innovative solutions that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
300,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- Grand prize – 100 000 USD
- First Runner Up – 75 000 USD
- Second Runners Up – 25 000 USD
- Third Runners-Up – 10 000 USD
- People’s Choice – 10 000 USD
For participants to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2016. If entering as a business entity, at least 25% of the business must be owned by individuals that meet the above qualifications. Individual students and recent grads may also apply. For detailed eligibility requirements, visit the official website.
Eligible solutions (technologies, products or services) must:
- Incorporate IoT/digitization as part of the solution;
- Have a positive social, environmental or economic impact (e.g. health, education, accessibility, critical human needs (food, water, disaster response/recovery, safety, etc.).
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2018 (20 Days Remaining)