Develop your academic understanding of the media industry, improve your knowledge and focus on an in-depth piece of research away from the pressure of tight deadlines. The media industry is undergoing profound change, and evolving practice mean agile thinking and a deep understanding of the major issues and challenges are key to industry success.
- These kinds of research project are expected to be funded
- Journalism and Democracy
- Business of Journalism
- Journalism Practice
- Media Policy
- Awards may include travel expenses (including air travel economy class) and a modest living allowance. This arrangement is subject to variation.
- Spouses and partners (including with dependents) are welcome but under no circumstances will the Fellowship Programme pay the travel or living costs of visiting spouses or dependents.
- Journalists on Fellowships from the Thomson Reuters Foundation, Mona Megalli, Wincott and Google will receive a monthly stipend of £2,000 for their living costs during their stay in Oxford, as well as covering travel costs within reason.
- Journalists may also arrange their own funding, but they should then approach the Director of the Programme, in the first instance before making a formal application. Self- funded fellows may apply at any time.
- For more information please check the official website
- The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism offers fully funded Fellowships to well established mid-career journalists from throughout the world.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ experience in any branch of journalism and demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to be able to participate fully in the life of the Programme and write a research paper in English of publishable quality.
- They do accept applications from freelance journalists, however, they must be working journalists who plan to work as journalists after the Fellowship.
- Unfortunately, they cannot accept applicants with no recent experience or only limited experience of working as a journalist or who have no intention of returning to work as journalists.
- The Fellowship is a full-time programme and we expect all Fellows to commit to the numerous academic and social activities of the Reuters Institute.
- For more details please check their official website
DEADLINE: January 31, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here.