Students and professional photojournalists from all over the world can apply to participate in the 6th Festival until the age of 35. 80 of them are invited to exhibit their pictures and multimedia projects. Portfolio sightings, lectures, podium discussions and a photo technology show offer a varied supporting program.
The highlights of every festival day are the evening lectures by internationally renowned photographers. The closing of the festival on Saturday will be the festival party as well as the presentation of the FREELENS Award, the LUMIX Multimedia Award, the Lammerhuber Award, the HAZ Audience Award and the Sustainability Award.
The festival is intended to be both a platform for discussion, a picture show and a forum for talent – for professional picture editors, trade visitors and anyone interested in photography.
- The prize money for FREELENS Award is € 10,000
- There will be two honorable mentions each endowed with € 1,000.
- Furthermore, the photobook publisher Lois Lammerhuber will award the best story from everyday life with the Lammerhuber Photography Award in the amount of € 5,000
- Panasonic will award the best multimedia story with the LUMIX Multimedia Award, which is also worth €5,000.
- Applicants must be younger than 35 at the time of application.
- Only the photographers themselves can submit their applications.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Go to the given apply link and register
- Follow further steps to complete registration
- Note that applicants must complete their applications within 5 days of registration. This includes submitting the photos (with a resolution of 15 cm on the longer side at 200 dpi) with suitable captions, the exhibition text and a personal biography with a portrait. Applications will be considered only if they are complete.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018