It’s the season for graduation. Very soon there will be time to look for a job. For marketing students the industry sounds good on paper. They look forward to working for big corporates. However marketing students actually need to know to enter the real world of marketing. There’s more to the marketing world than just a diploma. Below are 10 Things Every Marketing Student Needs to Know After Graduation.
1. You need to understand statistics and be good with numbers.
2. Don’t obsess over the 4Ps and Cs of marketing.
3. Know how to differentiate between class and the real world where it comes to marketing.
4. Marketing is a very fast industry.
5. Effective marketing focuses on creating campaigns that benefit audiences.
6. Marketing is also about making money so aim to meet targets.
7. You need to be tech savvy and people smart.
8. You need to have a thick skin because there will be challenges.
9. Learn to be diplomatic and network with everyone.
10. Understand how to use software and tools that improve your marketing skills.