The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus undergraduate programs tenable in public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
- The Scholarship will cover for SADC (Southern African Development Community) Countries, Local Fees: MUR100,000
- The scholarship will cover for Non-SADC Countries, International Fees: MUR160,000A monthly living allowance of MUR 8,300 will be paid to awardees as part support to meet their living expenses.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of 4 years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Scholarships will be renewable on a yearly basis, subject to successful completion of the previous year of study and subsequent enrolment into the following year
- Candidates must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries.
- Mauritian nationals and foreign nationals residing in Mauritius are NOT eligible to apply under this Scheme.
- Age must be above 18 and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- Candidates should have successfully completed end-of-secondary schooling to be eligible.
- Should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated: At least 23 points at GCE A-Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7 & D=6; or at least an overall average of 65% or an overall average of 13/20.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL test result with a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 79 (internet based) or valid IELTS test results with a minimum score of 5.5 or an acceptable proof of English Language proficiency.
DEADLINE: April 16 2018
To apply and for more information visit here