Scars are not the most attractive parts of the skin. Scars occur when your skin heals after injury, or surgery, or damage due to skin conditions. The appearance of a scar often depends on how well the wound heals. 7 Tips to Reducing Different Types of Scars.
1. Always keep your cut, scrape or other skin injury clean.
2. Keep the wound moist by applying petroleum jelly.
3. Cover the skin with an adhesive bandage.
4. Change your bandage daily to keep the wound clean while it heals.
5. If you have stitches, follow your doctor’s advice on how to care for the wound and when to get the stitches removed.
6. Apply sunscreen to the wound after it has healed.
7. Use natural oils such as olive oil, coconut and vitamin E oil to soothe and allow natural healing of the skin.