AfricaLics – the African Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation and Competence Building Systems is looking for suitable PhD student candidates from universities in African countries to participate in the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowship Programme focused on innovation and development. The programme allows successful candidates a study period of five month at the Department of Business and Management, Aalborg University, Denmark.
The aim of the scholarships and the visiting fellowship programme is to help African PhD students working in the field of innovation and development to strengthen their academic/research qualifications; improve quality of their dissertations and prepare for a career in innovation and development either within academia or outside (e.g. in the private sector or in government/policy making).
The programme allows successful candidates a study period of five month at the Department of Business and Management, Aalborg University, Denmark.
Successful candidates will be notified by early September 2017, following which they will be required to confirm their interest (sign study agreement form) and apply for residence permit in Denmark.
The International Office at AAU will assist students in obtaining work permit and accommodation for the visit to Denmark.
Please be aware that the students will need to apply for the residence permit themselves and pay fees related to the processing of the application themselves.
The total amount of the stipend includes an amount equivalent to the fees that have to be paid.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a PhD student at a university in Africa.
- Have completed their first year of studies by February 2019 (upgrade/probation).
- Possess adequate skills in English.
- Be working actively on a subject relevant to the field of innovation and development defined as the study and management of processes that link innovation to development. Innovation is broadly defined as spanning from “new to the world inventions” to the diffusion and use of technology new to the user, including competence building among users of innovation.
- Submit a brief application 1 page/500 words explaining own background, motivation for applying and expected outcomes of participation in the AfricaLics PhD visiting fellowship programme.
DEADLINE: April 26, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here