The ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators. It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at impact retreats in beautiful spaces around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas.
ChangemakerXchange brings together some of the world’s top social innovators, who have dedicated their lives to solving a social problem and have the skills and mindset to collaborate for collective impact.
The summit will take place from Monday, 18 June 2018 evening until Friday, 22 June 2018 morning and participants must be able to attend all days.
ChangemakerXchange has no panels, no power-points, no guest speakers or site visits. We believe the magic comes through an open and flexible participant-led agenda which leverages the collective intelligence of the group. There is a strong emphasis both on maximizing social impact and on personal wellbeing.
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be aged between 18 and 30. Please note a limited number of three places is available for 29- and 30-year-old applicants.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem.
- We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.Must come from Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from Johannesburg/South Africa as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.).
Application Deadline: April 9th 2018
For more information visit here.