They might make you cry but onions are beneficial to your health. For time in memorial onions have been one of the most common ingredients for home remedies. Onions are root vegetables which can ingested raw, baked or cooked. Below are 10 reasons that you should include onion in your diet.
1. Raw onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) and keep your heart healthy.
2. Onions have vitamin C which help build immunity.
3. Onions have Quercetin which is said to prevent cancer, especially stomach and colorectal cancers.
4. Chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
5. A mixture of onion juice and honey can cure fever, common cold, allergies, etc.
6. Keep a small piece of onion under the nostrils and inhale, to stop or slow down a nose bleed.
7. Folate in onions also helps with depression and aids sleep and appetite.
8. The vitamin C helps formation of collagen that is responsible for skin and hair health.
9. Onions have astrigent, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which fight and heal infections.
10. Although your breath might stink, chewing raw onions improves your oral health.