Plagiarism is a very serious crime and many students often find themselves on the wrong side. Unlike cheating, plagiarism is taking already published content and making it your own. In digital language simply ‘copy+paste’. Students plagiarise for several reasons including pure laziness. However there are severe consequences including incarceration.
1. Plan ahead by avoiding procrastination so that you have enough time to gather and edit information.
2. Utilise knowledge from your teacher or seniors.
3. Understand what is considered as plagiarism and how to avoid it.
4. Find out the rules regarding copyright.
5. Learn how to cite references and sources accurately
6. Learn how to summarise and paraphrase from resources.
7. Always review your work by cross checking and editing.