Founded in 2012, Afrika Youth Movement (AYM) is a pan-African, action-oriented, youth-led movement that believes in the active participation and leadership of African youth to transform Africa and achieve their rights to peace and social justice.
AYM is a global African community of more than 10,000 organizations, youth activists, scholars, citizens and survivors from more than 40 countries. AYM’s mission is to connect young change-agents around a common vision, empower them with the confidence and capability and mobilize them to organize and execute change in Africa.
The Global Advisory Committee will be a critical component to this group, providing us with trusted and informed guidance on AYM’s work.
AYM is are currently looking for 5-8 committed individuals to serve as our Global Advisors. Working on a voluntary basis, you will be a sounding board to AYM, providing much-needed advice on some of our key growth areas.
Your key working relationships will be with the Power Team who oversee the implementation of all AYM activities, the Founding Chair and the Accountability who provide guidance on governance areas.
Location: African Countries, Online
You will be provided with opportunities for you to develop your strengths, build your networks and contribute to transforming the continent.
AYM is looking to connect with individuals with the following qualities:
• A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working in one of the following areas: movement building and youth rights in Africa and/or diaspora
• Demonstrated expertise in one of the following areas: Movement building, Global/Regional advocacy, Resource mobilization and partnership development, Strategic planning, and operations management, Youth development, Public Relations
• Functional spoken and written competency in English and another language French/Arabic/Portuguese
• Under the age of 39
• Committed to the vision and mission of Afrika Youth Movement
• Are able to think big, be ambitious, resilient and fearless
• Are committed to being enthusiastic as outlined above
• Able to commit 4-6 hours a month and available to attend quarterly Global Advisory meetings.
• Have reliable access to the Internet
Eligible Regions: Open for all