Empowering Next Generation of Social Entrepreneurs
Entries are open for Global Social Venture Competition 2019 to support the most promising early-stage for-profit or nonprofit solutions that address the world’s most pressing social challenges using technology.
The Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) empowers the next generation of social entrepreneurs by providing them with mentoring, exposure, and over $80,000 in prizes to transform their ideas into ventures that address the world’s most pressing challenges.
For the 2019 competition, all ventures must have a technology component to their venture, whether a product, hardware, software, web platform, mobile app, wireless, etc. Solutions should utilize “technology for good” in some form, whether the entire venture is focused on a technology-based solution or if the venture has some degree of a technology component built into the solution.
Teams from across the globe learn how to design scalable models through a process that emphasizes stakeholder discovery, business innovation, and social impact assessment.
• First Place Award: $40,000
• Second Place Award: $25,000
• Third Place Award: $10,000
• Priya Haji Memorial Award: $2,500
• People’s Choice Award: $1,500
• Quick Pitch Award: $1,000
• Applicant’s team must include a student, current or recent graduate, from any level of higher education (undergraduate, masters level/graduate, or doctoral) in any area of study in the world;
• Recent students must meet the following criteria:
◦ Recent Bachelor’s degree holders must have completed their degree with four (4) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2018).
◦ Recent Master’s or Doctoral level degree holders must have completed their degree within two (2) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2018).
◦ The student or recent student must be actively involved in the venture (i.e., a founder or co-founder, actively participating in the development of the business or actively working on the business).
◦ Applicant’s team should include a statement describing the student’s level of involvement.
◦ The student or recent student must be one of the team’s presenters and must be available to answer judges’ questions regarding the business in the final two rounds of the competition.
• A team cannot enter the competition more than twice.
• Teams that have competed at the Global Finals may not enter more than once; Regional Partners may put additional limits on the number of times that a team may compete at the regional level.
• All submissions and presentations for the Global Finals round must be in English. Questions from the judges during the Global Finals may be translated from English to the team’s native language, but should be answered in English.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Deadline: 3 December 2018
For more information, please visit Global Social Venture Competition.