The Wolf Humanities Center has been established in 2017. The center is the main hub of the University of Pennsylvania for interdisciplinary humanities research and public programming. The center is offering five one-year Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships awards each academic year to junior scholars in the humanities who are no more than eight years out of their doctorate and who are not yet tenured. For the 2019-20 academic year, their topic will be on KINSHIP.
Location: United States
The fellowship will offer:
• A stipend of $56,22
• Single-Coverage of health insurance
• A $3000 research fund
• Scholars seeking to hold an H-1B visa during the fellowship year at Penn are ineligible.
• Applicants should consult the international programs office at their current university to confirm eligibility before applying for this fellowship.
• Scholars who received or will receive their PhD between December 2010 and December 2018 are eligible to apply.
• Applicants must have a degree in hand or have passed the defense no later than December 2018 to be eligible.
• Preference will be given to candidates whose proposals are interdisciplinary, who have not previously enjoyed use of the resources of the University of Pennsylvania, and who would particularly benefit from and contribute to Penn’s intellectual life.
• The PhD is the only eligible terminal degree, and applicants must be humanists or those in such allied fields as anthropology or history of science.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
• Complete the Application Form.
• Prepare your curriculum vitae.
• Applicants must merge completed application form and c.v. into a single PDF file, with application first. Name your file: LastName-First (e.g., Franklin-Ben).
• Applicants need to arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation. Individual referees must upload their confidential letter as a PDF only. Please visit the official site to learn details of how to upload the letters of recommendation.
• Applications that are emailed or snail-mailed will be considered ineligible.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2018