The Wellcome Trust is offering International Training Fellowships for the 2018-19 academic year. Wellcome is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. They support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate. Their scheme offers nationals of low and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at postgraduate or postdoctoral level.
Location: United Kingdom
• A basic salary will be awarded.
• They will fund the total cost of the applicant’s for the entire period of the grant.
• They will automatically increase salary from Year 2 onwards, based on their current inflation allowance rates.
• Selected applicants can ask for visa and work permit costs to help them take up the post at their host organisation, if Wellcome is going to pay applicants salary on the grant.
• Applicants from the low or middle-income country.
• Applicants proposed research has to focus on a health priority in a low or middle-income country.
• Applicants need to have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low or middle-income country.
• Applicants need to have a PhD and be an early-career researcher or have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience or be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist and have some initial research experience.
• For more information please visit the official website.
• If any applicant is a researcher in India, please check the Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance.
• Applicants cannot apply if they have already applied for another Wellcome fellowship.
• Applicants have already been unsuccessful with a full application for this scheme, please contact them before applying again.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
To see details regarding the application process, please visit the official site.
Application Deadline: November 22, 2018