Many people want to get an opportunity to work for the United Nations. The UN is a global organisation, which is regarded as a symbol of peace, cooperation and development. The UN offers opportunities to grow, travel and make a real difference in the world. If you are looking to apply for a job with the United Nations, take the tips below.
1. When it comes to academic qualifications, an advanced university degree is required.
2. The ability to speak fluently either English or French, or both. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
3. Previous work experience particularly with government, or non-government organisations.
4. Be an expert at something that will make your application stand out.
5. Think globally and network with individuals and organisations on a global scale.