Sam Munyavi was a Zimbabwean born journalist who was well known for his comic column A lighter look in Saturday Herald, gone but not forgotten. He was also an actor and an author. Top 5 Things You Might Not Know About Late Sam Munyavi.
1. Sam married Agnes after he divorced his first wife. He and Agnes had four children together, three daughters and one son.
2. Sam was working as a barman at council tavern when he started sending humorous articles for a newspaper column tilted ‘Laughin It Off’.
3. Munyavi joined Zimbabwe Papers on May 1, 1988 as a reporter and rose through the ranks to become Features and Supplements Editor in 1993.
4. In 2000, Munyavi resigned and joined the Daily News for a few years before he left for England in 2005 after the newspaper shut down.
5. Munyavi featured in one of Enock Chihombori’s famous Gringo series alongside the veteran actor William Matenga who starred as Gweshegweshe.