SAT is an innovative organisation with a regional footprint working to improve gender equality and systems for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of girls, adolescents and young women.
SAT operates as a regional Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) covering eastern & southern Africa, with offices in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa (Regional office) and some 40 partner organisations across the region.
Working with the Regional Programmes team based in Johannesburg, the Regional Adolescent SRHR Manager will be responsible for:
• Driving and managing SAT Girl Plan (also for boys) and increasing adolescent access to SRHR
• Developing and implementing cutting-edge training for capacity, leadership and advocacy on adolescent SRHR and The Girl Plan
• Contribute to SAT’s internal and external communication strategy ensuring substantial growth of the SAT reach
• Support SAT’s resource mobilisation activities aimed at strengthening the Girl Plan and other SRHR programmes.
• Represent SAT in various spaces and advocate for The Girl Plan and adolescent SRHR issue
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this position will
• have at least five years’ experience working in the SRHR environment in the region
• have knowledge SRHR, HIV, Advocacy, Health, Education in the region
• be educated to a Masters Degree level in a relevant field (Health, Education, Gender, Development)
• be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
• have excellent analytical, report writing and general communication skills
• have high level computer literacy skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• be a mature and ethical individual with high personal standards of trustworthiness, honesty and accountability
• be able and willing to travel in the Region
• Regional, global and national exposure in SRHR and HIV programming
• The opportunity to hone your skills in leadership, networking, change management, donor relationship management, and public health.
• A professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank
• A competitive, market related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills
SAT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
If you are interested in this position, please send a motivating letter together with your CV and three contactable references to Christina Magoro at email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 19 January 2018.
For more information on SAT, go to www.satregional.org